The information on this page is subject to our main terms and conditions
Extended Christmas Returns
We understand that you might be buying Christmas gifts. If you need to, you can return items to us if they arrive with us no later than Monday 13th January 2020. This applies to orders placed between 1st November 2019 and 24th December 2019 inclusive. All other terms and conditions apply.
Not Happy with your choice? No problem.
Please remember that at The Equine Warehouse we are all horsey, we might be able to help you with a product query, sizing or just simply finding the product that most suits your requirements. We are always happy to give product advice over the phone to help you with your choice. If you would like an exchange for a product. You can shop with the peace of mind that items can be returned to us if they are unsuitable. Whether the size is wrong, or you just don’t like the colour, just return any of your items within 28 days of receiving them.
We can help with your return.
In some instances, we can arrange a collection of your parcel. You must contact us by telephone to arrange this service. Once we have established what it is you want to return and where the parcel will be collected from, we will be able to advise the cost and the time frame of the collection. It will always need to be handed to the courier by a human, perhaps a work colleague, relative or neighbour. It is essential that the parcel is packaged in the same way that it was delivered to you. Or you can pop along to your local post office and post the parcel yourself.
We are happy to accept your return, but please ensure you have followed the steps below.
In the first instance please drop us an email to advise us that you’re returning an item. In the email please include your name, order number, short detail of the product you’re returning along with a contact order number so that we can keep an eye out for your parcel.
- Follow the instructions on the returns form enclosed with your parcel and fill in the relevant details. If you don’t have a returns form, please enclose a slip of paper detailing your:
- Order number if you have it
- Contact telephone number
- Reason for returning the item
- Package the item securely and then despatch the parcel to us ensuring that you obtain a certificate of posting. See packaging note below.
- Once received, we will check your item and if everything is OK, issue a refund to your original method of payment and then email you a confirmation.
Our returns address is: The Equine Warehouse, Unit 7 Malling Industrial Estate, Brooks Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2BY. This is also where our shop is located. If you’re local, you are very welcome to visit the shop to return the product.
Please enclose the manufacturer’s packaging (e.g. shoe box or cellophane wrapper) within an outer box or suitable bag. Tip: you could use our original postal bag, turned inside out or a strong bin liner. We are unable to accept returned goods if the manufacturer’s packaging (e.g. shoe box) has been used as the outer postal packaging because we are then unable to offer the goods for resale to other customers. Please don’t forget to include product tags, labels, boot pulls, shoehorns, heel lifter, spare insoles & or laces – all the little extra’s that arrived in the original packaging must be returned to complete the returns process for you. Yes, your refund product will be returned to the shelf for re sale.
We can exchange your product for you.
If you require a different item, simply follow the returns process above to obtain a refund and place a new order for the item you require. Due to our automated stock control system that runs between our online shop and retail premises we can’t just swap one item for another. We always work hard to be fast at processing refunds or exchanges for unwanted items. Most cases are dealt with on the same working day.
If you would like to exchange an item? The quickest way to ensure you receive the item that you want is for you to place your new order over the phone at the same time as advising us of your need to return / exchange. This way your new product is dispatched straight away, we can then process a refund for the original order as soon as it arrives back with us.
Conditions of returns or product exchange.
We can only ensure a smooth hassle free refund or exchange of your product if it meets the following requirements – this is not the case of course for goods being returned due to manufacturing fault.
Please ensure that you protect any products from becoming worn or soiled whilst trying them for size and fit. Please note for hygiene reasons we are unable to accept returns of underwear.
If you wish to cancel an order for whatever reason you must follow our returns procedures (set out below) and return to us the Products we have delivered to you in accordance with these procedures.
In all circumstances you must firstly contact us by email email@example.com or by post at Website Returns, The Equine Warehouse, Unit 7 Malling Industrial Estate, Brooks Road, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2BY or telephone 01273 483399. If you contact us by telephone you will be asked to send us confirmation in writing either by email or post.
Where you wish to return Products to us, one of team memebrs will give you a “returns authorisation number”, which will be sent to the email address you registered with us. You should include this number on your returns note and send it back with your Products. The returns authorisation number is important as it enables us to refund your payment and deal with your returned Products quickly.
What happens if you receive a product in less than perfect condition?
In the first instance take pictures and email them to us firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure you include your name, order number and telephone contact details with the pictures
- If the Products are defective, incorrect or damaged on delivery we will reimburse your reasonable costs of return (up to the value it would have cost to return the Products using Royal Mail standard service) and (at your option) replace the products (where the same or equivalent products are available) or refund you for the price paid including the delivery charges of any such Products provided that the Products are complete and in “as delivered” condition as supplied in the original packaging. We recommend that returns are sent via Royal Mail standard service and you must always obtain a certificate of posting.
- It is your responsibility to arrange collection of any unauthorised returns from our premises, for example Products which have been returned because they were defective but which are subsequently found not to be defective; accordingly we reserve the right to return these Products to you at your cost. Such product will be held for a period of six months after which time the product will be destroyed if you have not made the appropriate arrangements for the goods to be returned to you.
- You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- If you are not completely happy with the purchase you have made, for any reason at all, then you may return the Product(s) within 28 days of receiving the Products for a full refund of the price of the Product(s). To qualify for a refund, the Product must be returned within 28 days of you receiving the Product(s) and in its original condition. Please return the Product(s) with the original packaging we used to send it to you to ensure that the Product(s) is not damaged during transit. Subject to clause 4 you shall be responsible for the cost of return to us.
- If you would like to return the Products yourself you can take them to our store. You will only be able to return Products to one of our stores provided that you have complied with all provisions of these Terms and Conditions and have taken with you to the store a copy of your original Delivery Note. The Products will be inspected by our in-store team whilst you are present and then passed through to our returns team who will then process the refund to the original payment method within 24 hours.
- Where you paid for Products by payment card, refunds will be made by re-crediting your payment card account from which the money was originally debited.
- All refunds will be made within 30 working days either:
- (where Products have not yet been delivered to you) of our confirmation in writing to you that your order has been cancelled; or
- (where Products have been delivered to you) of the return of the Products to us.